The journey of choosing your wedding florist and seeing your vision come to life should be an exciting experience, a special something to add a touch of magic to your day.
Here at EEFM Events we want to make planning your wedding florals a streamlined process whilst having some fun along the way, your wedding florals are a reflection of your unique style and we only want to highlight that and make the day as much of you as possible!
In this blog post, we'll walk you through a step-by-step guide on when and how to book with EEFM Events or a florist of your choice for your wedding to ensure your blooms are an important element of your special day.
The Early Stages: The Floral Journey Begins (8-12 Months Before Wedding)
- Begin your floral journey by researching and gathering inspiration for your wedding flowers. Pinterest and Tik Tok are your best friends for this - start a mood-board or saved folder on your instagram or phone to compile everything together! ( Beware! some images you may across may be AI generated or faux florals, so be sure to check in with your florist to ensure what is possible)
- Establish a rough estimate for your floral budget, it's super helpful for your florist to know what your expectations are and what you are willing to spend, that way they can build off that and advise you of what will be possible!
- Dive into the world of florists in your area and start shortlisting potential candidates - EEFM Events of course at the top of that list!
Narrowing Down Choices (6-8 Months Before Wedding):
- Head to https://eastendflowermarket.com.au/pages/events to put in a submission with EEFM Events to begin dreaming up your special day.
- Request quotes and proposals to compare services, styles, and prices, we would love you to pick us but we want you to pick the right florist for you, make sure you do your homework and find a florist that aligns well with you and your partner!
- Schedule consultations with your shortlisted florists to discuss your vision, preferences, and budget. We would love to meet with you over a coffee on the house to make your floral dreams come true.
Time to say yes! (4-6 Months Before Wedding):
- Go over the details of your quote to ensure you are happy with everything outlined and confirm with your florist the details to lock you in their calendar.
- Choose the florist that aligns with your vision and that you vibe with - let them know that you are happy to proceed and accept the quote provided.
- Request an invoice with payment details, and ensure prompt payment of the deposit to secure your booking!
- Finalise any details and questions you may have about your florist, the quote or your vision.
Discussing Details/ Follow Up (2-3 Months Before Wedding):
- Keep an open line of communication with your florist for any updates or changes that they will need to be made aware of to ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible for everyone involved.
- Confirm final details and logistics with your florist, including delivery plans.
- Provide any additional information the florist may need, such as venue specific details or venue contacts for your florist to follow up.
- Finalise any specific details such as colour schemes, arrangement styles and any last questions to ensure everyone is on the same page and ready to go!
Finalising Payments (3-4 Weeks Before Wedding):
- Confirm the payment details outlined on your quote or contract.
- Settle the remaining balance within 14 days prior to your wedding date.
Choosing your wedding florist is an exciting part of the wedding planning journey. By following these steps, you'll ensure that your floral arrangements not only compliment your style but also add a touch of elegance to your special day. Book your wedding florist early, communicate openly, and watch as your love story blooms into a beautiful celebration.
EEFM Events is excited for your journey ahead, we hope to be a part of your everlasting love story and make your floral vision come to life.