1. Remove the wrapping: Take off any paper wrapping from the bouquet to allow the flowers to breathe.
2. Trim the stems on a sharp angle: Use clean scissors or a sharp knife to cut about 2-4 cm off the bottom of each stem at a 45-degree angle.
3. Prepare a clean vase: Select a clean vase and fill it with fresh, lukewarm water.
4. Remove excess foliage: Remove any leaves that will be submerged in water to prevent bacterial growth.
5. Add flower food or homemade preservative. Create your own preservative by mixing one teaspoon of sugar with a few drops of bleach into the vase water.
6. Place in a suitable location: Keep the vase away from direct sunlight, drafts, and heat sources.
7. Change the water regularly: Every two to three days, change the water in the vase, rinse the vase thoroughly, and trim the stems before placing them back in.
8. Mist or hydrate the flowers: If needed, lightly mist the flowers with water or let them hydrate in a sink or basin for 1-2 hours.
Remember, with these simple care tips, your cut flowers from East End Flower Market will stay fresh and beautiful for longer!